Sunday, November 12, 2006

Lima


Museo de la Nacion, originally uploaded by Tak from HK.

Lima is the capital of Peru and usually big city is not very interesting.

I got here by 10 hour overnight bus from Trujillo and I went directly to sightseeing after dropping my backpack.

The first museum is Museo de la Nacion, which is about Peru´s pre-historic civilization, i.e. before the Spanish came here. This is the only museum where photo is allowed. So, all you can see in my photos is from here and up to this point.

The second one is Gold Museum which is very expensive for the ticket. But, I don´t really feel anything after seeing the gold pieces of Inca.

The Monasterio de San Francisco is really wonderful. It has old library since 17 century. Again, no photo but please go to Google images and search for "San Francisco library Lima". I guess you may saw it in some scenes in the Hollywood movie.

The underground of the church is catacomb, which has contain thousands of skills and bones, serving as a burial-place until 1808. And, try to do the images search with "San Francisco catacomb".

No comments: