Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Pucon


Pucon, originally uploaded by Tak from HK.

Pucon is located in the lake distinct of Chile. I planned to go there because there is Villarrica Volcano. Tour can lead you up to the top of this active volcano and see the melting magma. I got up at 6:00am in the morning and the weather seem good. However, the guide told us that the weather is too hot that the snow turned into ice and it might be dangerous. It is only 50/50 chance that we can go to the top. Even though I can choose to go tomorrow, but who know weather of tomorrow. The guide told me that last time he reach the top with the group is 15 days before.

We trekked up the snowy path for two hours and then we stopped. It is very difficult to walk on the snow as it is very slippy even I have full set of equipment. But it is my first time and it is fun.

Mission failed! The guide asked us to return and no more melting magma.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year from HK! You still have several hours of Year 2006 to go.... any countdown party there? Have fun! \(^o^)/~