Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Lisbon and nearby


Lisbon, originally uploaded by Tak from HK.

Lisbon, the capital of Portugal, is easy to explore on foot. Here, the cost is cheaper than Spain and this make my life easier. But it just not fit my image of Portugal.

Evora, is another town surrounded by wall. The Capela dos Ossos, is constructed with bones and skulls of several thousand people.

Sintra, the Sintra National Palace has twin chimneys which shape is pretty interesting. Pena Palace is located up on the hill with bright color. Good for photos!

Cabo da Roca, the western most point of Europe. It is very windy and I hardly hold my camera.

Belem, both landmarks, Discoveries Monument and Belem Tower is located by the seashore. And of course, I tasted the famous Portugal egg tart in Belem!

P.S. Due to the excellent security control in the cypercafe in Lisbon, I cannot upload any photos to Flickr. So, this post grouped my photos of last 5 days.

No comments: