Sunday, August 19, 2007

Lusaka


Train to Zambia, originally uploaded by Tak from HK.

Tazara train connecting Tanzania to Zambia was built by China in 1970. I spent 46 hours for this journey, first class is quite comfortable. I even have showers in the train!

The visa problem did not come easy. The immigration officer in the train did not think that I should have 2 passports and only grant 1 day entry to me. I need to report to teh immigration office in Zambia's train station.

The situation did not get better when I talked to the immigration officer in the train station. At last, they ask me money (~HKD40) for "talk time" of mobile phone to talk to his boss! Finally, I got the entry stamp but I missed the bus.

I walked to the town for bus going to Lusaka. On the way, the bus ran out of gas and we stopped, waited for the passby vechicle for petrol!

P.S. I found that some of my email has classified as Spam in my gmail account. So, pls check your Spam folder.

No comments: